A grand opening
December 1, 2007
The Gallerie hosted a grand opening party last Saturday evening.
The chic clothing and accessories shop recently moved from Hopkins Avenue to the Ajax Building on Durant Avenue, just across the street from the gondola. In celebration of the store’s debut at this location, guests dropped by for appetizers and cocktails provided by St. Germain.
As they mingled with shop owners Eric Lippincott and Sarah Gercke, guests browsed through the collections of designers such as Milly, Rebecca Taylor, Missoni Shoes, Catherine Malandrino and more. Arna Einarsdottir of Basalt picked up a silk chemisier, while Aspenite Dina Bloom tried on an array of dresses and twin sisters Becky and Annie Garrett, also of Aspen, eyed patent leather purses.
Eric and Sarah opened their joint venture in May 2005 on Hopkins in a space spanning just 450 square feet. Over the past two years, the business has steadily grown, warranting the need for a larger venue. The new store is four times the size of the original Gallerie and a combination of what had been two separately leased commercial spaces. They are now able to offer “many more men’s and women’s lines, from contemporary to entry level designers,” said Sarah.
The project of creating one spacious store was a labor of love for Eric, Sarah and their extensive circle of friends.
“We flew in a trim team from South Africa,” said Eric, half-joking. Local Marcus Hollins provided the trim work and helped install the wood floors with the assistance of his father, Tony, who did, in fact, travel from South Africa.
Recommended Stories For You
Ajax Building owner/developer/ manager Steve Marcus stopped by the grand opening event, offering his praise to the owners of the newest business in the complex.
“It’s a step in the right direction ” I love it,” he said. Eric and Sarah are “top-of-the-line local people doing something good.”
With the stylish brands they carry and impeccable taste both possess, the two are clearly raising the bar for fashion in the valley.
“Sarah has the best taste of any store owner I’ve ever known,” echoed Marlene Cohen of Shine magazine.
To contact May to send info, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Trending In: Columns
- She Said, He Said: Where is line between porn and cheating in a marriage?
- Guest commentary: Keep fighting for Bears Ears National Monument
- Dirty thirties: not a myth
- She Said, He Said: My wife retired to enjoy the good life and now I don’t see her
- Guest commentary: Colorado Mountain College gives gratitude, promise for future
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain