What’s the Big Deal: Circle R Ranch in Woody Creek nets $12.75 million
September 23, 2018
"What's the Big Deal?" runs Mondays and is based on the most expensive property transaction recorded in Pitkin County through 3 p.m. each Friday.
Price: $12.75 million
Date recorded: Sept. 19
Address: Circle R Road Woody Creek
Subdivision: Flying Dog Ranch/Circle R Ranch
Buyer: MM Rosemary Circle
Recommended Stories For You
Seller: Two Mile Ranches I and II LLC, Rosemarys Circle R Ranch West LLC, Rosemarys Circle R Ranch East LLC, Rocky Mountain Serenity Ranches I and II LLC
Features: The 244-acre ranch's six homes combine to have 22 bedrooms and 23 bathrooms. Also included are historic cabins, a swimming pool, stables and horse facilities and a tennis court, among other amenities.
Worth noting: Last week's closing came after the property sold at auction in August. The property was developed by brothers Sam and Charles Wyly in the early 2000s and initially went on the market for $59.5 million after Sam Wyly declared bankruptcy in 2015.
Trending In: Local
- Aspen Skiing Co. to take over family-run Gwyn’s High Alpine at Snowmass in 2020
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first
- Charges dismissed against driver in Basalt pedestrian death on Highway 82
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Judge sides with Aspen-Pitkin County Housing Authority in eviction case