In Brief: Winter bus schedules coming soon
Winter bus schedules coming soon
RFTA’s winter season schedules will arrive on Nov. 21. Roaring Fork Transportation Authority officials advise regular riders to preview schedules at http://rfta.com.
- Local Valley will run daily service days days a week.
- VelociRFTA BRT will maintain its existing base level of daily service: 15 minute peak, and 30 minute off-peak departures.
- Grand Hogback will have increased departures in both directions.
- City of Aspen shuttles will operate seven days a week from 6:20 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Woody Creek shuttles will be in service.
- Highlands Flyer will provide service to/from Brush Creek P&R to Aspen Highlands starting Dec. 10 on Saturdays and Sundays only.
- Bus bike racks will be set into the lock position for the winter and ski racks will be installed by Nov. 19.
Carbondale trustees ready to adopt comprehensive plan update
Town’s 2022 Comprehensive Plan Update is being reviewed for adoption before the Board of Trustees on Tuesday, Nov. 15, at 6 p.m. at Town Hall.
The new Comprehensive Plan — coined “Chart Carbondale” — is an updated version of the town’s 2013 version. The update aims to re-establish the town’s goals for the future and provide direction for decisions affecting the use of land, preservation of open space, transportation systems, economic growth, and public facilities and services.
Creation of Chart Carbondale began in July 2021, and was developed through formal research, data collection, and the collection of community input through online surveys, community-wide events, and various stakeholder meetings, town officials said. The Planning and Zoning Commission serves as the Project Steering Committee, and the Board of Trustees will review and adopt the final plan.
For more information about the Chart Carbondale project visit: https://carbondaleconnect.org/chart-carbondale.
Eagle County offices to close Veterans Day
Eagle County government offices, including the El Jebel satellite office and landfill and related facilities, will be closed on Friday, Nov. 11, in observance of Veterans Day.
- Emergency services are always available by calling 911.
- For non-emergencies call the Sheriff’s Office at 970-328-8500.
- The Road & Bridge Department will be on call at 970-479-2200 in cases of emergency.
- ECO Transit bus routes will operate on their regular schedules.
The Eagle County landfill will open on Saturday, Nov. 12, from 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. All other county offices and facilities will resume regular hours on Monday.
Remains of man missing since 2010 ID’d
The Pitkin County Coronor’s Office reported that the remains of a Redstone resident who went missing in the area in July 2010 were found by a hunter in September.
Dental records identified William Worley, 61, and that he died of a gunshot to the head. An organized search for him at the time over the course of weeks did not find him. The Coronor’s Office said their investigation is completed.
This past election season Colorado voters supported the legalization of psilocybin mushrooms, the second-only state to do so. What will this mean for the Roaring Fork Valley?