What’s the Big Deal: Meyer Business Building in downtown Aspen sells for $23 million
December 23, 2017
"What's the Big Deal?" runs Sundays and is based on the most expensive property transaction recorded in Pitkin County through 3 p.m. each Friday.
Price: $23 million
Date recorded: Dec. 22, 2017
Address: 447 E. Cooper Ave., Aspen
Neighborhood: Downtown commercial core
Buyer: 447 East Cooper Avenue Holdings LLC
Recommended Stories For You
Seller: Meyer Business Building LLC
Property type: Commercial/residential
Year built: 1950
Total heated area: Residential, 6,589 square feet; commercial, 10,448 square feet
Property tax bill: $101,683.68
Worth noting: The sale comes after developer Mark Hunt's deal to buy both the Casa Tua building, once home to Guido's Swiss Inn, as well as the salmon-colored building next door for $35 million fell through earlier this year. The new owner, 447 East Cooper Avenue Holdings, formed in March, according to the Colorado secretary of state's website.
Editor’s note: This story was updated to show the Casa Tua building was not included in the recent sale, just the Meyer Business building.
• Forum Phi has hired Travis Terry as the creative director of its interior design team.
Terry earned his bachelor of arts and interior design from the Art Institute of Colorado, later working at architectural firms in Denver, Dallas and Aspen.
"I am excited to work in a supportive, knowledge-based firm where I can continue to learn and grow from the talented people around me," Terry said. "The energy in the studio has been exciting from the very start; I am surrounded by passion and innovation."
• Coldwell Banker Mason Morse Real Estate recently announced that Aspen broker James Bineau has earned and joined the ranks of those holding the Accredited Land Consultant designation from the REALTORS® Land Institute.
"I am very excited to be part of this great organization and to be able to offer unsurpassed service to my clients," said Bineau, who specializes in ranches, land and luxury properties.
Trending In: Trending
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified