Carbondale police name suspects in armed robbery
February 19, 2017
Carbondale police have identified two men wanted for the Thursday night robbery at gunpoint at the Valero Cowen Center Convenience Store.
At about 11 p.m. two men with hoodies drawn tight across their faces and a handgun robbed two employees at the business, making off with an undisclosed amount of money, according to a press release.
The suspects were described as two black males with hoodies drawn tight in front of their faces and armed with a handgun. Witnesses spotted the two running on foot toward Colorado 133.
Police have since obtained arrest warrants for 19-year-old Nicholas Alexander Ameral and his cousin, Benjamin Weeks, also 19, for aggravated robbery. Ameral is described as a black male, about 5-foot-11" to 6 foot and 140 to 165 pounds. Weeks is described as a black male, from 5-foot-6 to 5-9, 138 pounds to 165 pounds. Both have short black hair and brown eyes.
The suspects should be considered armed and dangerous, Carbondale police advised in the news release.
Anyone with information about the location of the suspects or about the incident are asked to contact the Carbondale Police Department at 970-963-2662, or call 911.
Trending In: Trending
- Basalt family says death of Patrick Palardy, 15, won’t be in vain
- Aspen homeowner sentenced to 200 months in prison for predatory lending scheme
- Aspen’s February forecast makes you say Ruh-roh
- Historic Kelly Block building sells, starts new chapter in Basalt
- Lake Tahoe weather: Truckee to declare emergency, more snow coming
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- Snowmass Club, Aspen Shakti, three other businesses say Aspen Club has not paid them in months
- Owen Tucker Green
- Arapahoe Basin chief operating officer shares reasons for breakup with Vail Resorts