Fire calls, Nov. 4-10
The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from Nov. 4 through 10.
Dangerous gas alarm at 378 Divide Drive. The alarm was set off accidentally by boiler mechanics.
Automatic fire alarm at 52 Club Commons Circle, Unit 102. The alarm was activated by steam from a shower.
Fire/medical call to the intersection of Hawk Ridge and Brush Creek roads for a vehicle that had rolled over. No injuries and no hazards were found.
Fire/medical call at 1020 Brush Creek Road for a vehicle that went off the road approximately 100 yards. One patient was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.
Automatic fire alarm at 52 Commons Circle, Unit 104. The alarm was activated by a cooking error.
Public assist to a residence on Sinclair Road. Firefighters assisted a man who was physically unable to get to a car to be driven to a doctor’s appointment.
Dangerous gas alarm at 951 Popish Road. Construction workers working on the boilers at the residence released some natural gas that activated the alarm system. The gas had been vented upon the crew’s arrival.
Automatic fire alarm at 52 Commons Circle, Unit 302. The alarm system was activated by smoke from a candle.
Medical call at 3904 Brush Creek Road for a person who had fallen six hours prior and wasn’t feeling right.
Mutual aid to Aspen Ambulance District for a one-car rollover accident at 30300 Highway 82. One patient was evaluated for abrasions to the back of his hand. The patient was not transported.
Carbon monoxide alarm at 342 Ridge Road. No carbon monoxide was detected in the home. The alarm panel showed carbon monoxide trouble. The occupants were advised to call their alarm company to have the system checked.
Fire/medical call at approximately 4000 Brush Creek Road for a one-vehicle rollover. One patient was extricated from the vehicle. The patient refused transportation to the hospital.
Automatic fire alarm at 130 Wood Road, the Viceroy. The alarm system was activated accidentally.
Automatic fire alarm at 5262 Owl Creek Road, the Anderson Ranch Arts Center kitchen. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.
Carbon monoxide alarm at 600 Carriage Way, the Aspenwood Condominiums, Unit KA. The alarm system was set off when the residents were changing the batteries in a detector.
Mutual aid given to Aspen Ambulance on McSkimming Lane. The response was canceled. It was a false medical alarm.
Public assist at 5275 Owl Creek Road. People walked into the station to report their vehicle had gone off the road. No injuries were reported, and the Snowmass Village Police Department was contacted.
Automatic fire alarm at 294 Snowmass Club Circle, Units 1105 and 1106. An alarm-system technician was working on the system and put the wrong building on test.
Automatic fire alarm at 63 Elk Ridge Lane. The alarm system was activated by painters spraying paint in the house.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Aspen Camp of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing has received a $5,000 grant from the Rocky Mountain Health Foundation that will help the Old Snowmass camp offer a winter retreat for adults who are deaf or hard of hearing.