Fire calls, May 16-22 | AspenTimes.com

Fire calls, May 16-22

Staff report

The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from May 16-22.

May 16

Fire alarm at the Commons employee housing complex. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

Structure fire at a home on Wild Ridge Lane. Crews extinguished a fire that was found under the fireplace. Overhaul was done and the home was checked for fire extension. The fire was investigated.

May 17

Fire alarm at the Commons employee housing complex. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

Medical call to the Seasons Four Condominiums for a person who had fallen. One person was evaluated. Transportation to the hospital was not needed.

May 18

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Wood Road. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction due to a power outage.

Fire alarm on the Snowmass Village Mall. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction due to a power outage.

Fire alarm at the Commons employee housing complex.

The alarm system was activated by steam from a shower.

May 19

Fire alarm at the Crestwood Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction as no smoke or fire conditions were found.

Medical call on Carriage Way for a possible eye injury. The patient refused transport.

Fire alarm on Wood Road. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction as no smoke or fire conditions were found.

May 20

Flow alarm at the Westin Snowmass. The alarm system was activated by technicians working on the system. On scene management will reset the alarm when the work is done.

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Serviceberry Lane. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction as no carbon monoxide was detected in the home.

May 21

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Oak Ridge. The alarm system was set off by an unknown cause. Crews were unable to gain access to the home. The homeowner was contacted and they confirmed that the home was unoccupied.

Fire alarm at a home on Saddleback Lane. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction as no smoke or fire conditions were found.

May 22

Mutual aid request by Aspen Fire Department to stand by at our station for additional calls in their district while they were on top of Buttermilk Mountain on a structure fire.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.