Fire calls, June 15-21
The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from June 15 through 21.
Fire alarm at a home on Burlingame Lane. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.
Water flow alarm at the Westin Snowmass. The engineering department was working on the system and tripped the water flow switch.
Fire alarm at the Crestwood Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction as no fire conditions or water flowing were found.
Fire alarm at a home on Wood Road. The alarm system was activated by property management checking to see what size batteries were used in the detectors. No fire or smoke conditions were found.
Medical call to Fanny Hill above the Westin Snowmass for a bicycle accident. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital with chest injuries.
Gas alarm at a home on Streamside Court. The alarm system was activated by fumes from PVC glue.
Standby for medical calls at the Snowmass Rodeo. No injuries occurred.
Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Streamside Court. The alarm system was activated by fumes from PVC glue.
Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Faraway Road. The alarm system was activated by painters removing a detector.
Fire alarm at 105 Daly Lane. The alarm system was activated by steam from cleaning the grill.
Gas alarm at a home on Streamside Court. The alarm system was activated by a contractor working in the home. No hazards were found.
Medical call to the Lynn Britt Cabin on Snowmass Mountain. The response was canceled by the Snowmass Mountain Rangers.
Mutual aid requested by the Aspen Ambulance District to respond to South Galena Street at the Belly Up for a person who was unconscious. The response was canceled.
Fire alarm at 476 Wood Road. The alarm system was activated by painters working near the detector. No smoke or fire conditions were found.
Fire alarm at 55 Timbers Club Court. The alarm system was activated by excessive heat in one of the units.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
After this season, the Rifle inmate hand crew will no longer carry out wildfire mitigation projects in Snowmass or the other Roaring Fork Valley communities it regularly works with. The state is set to dissolve it as part of a business reorganization of the Colorado Correctional Industries inmate job skills programs across the state.