Fire calls, July 1-7 |

Fire calls, July 1-7

Staff report
Snowmass Sun

The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from July 1 through 7.

July 1:

• Medical call to 975 Horse Ranch Drive for a person suffering from chest pain. One patient was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

• Fire call to Divide Road and Ridge of Wildcat Road for visible brown smoke. Our crews found road construction being done and a street sweeper was the cause of the brown cloud.

July 2:

• Automatic fire alarm at 100 Alpine Lane. The cause of the alarm was construction dust from a remodel of the house.

July 3:

• Automatic fire alarm at 640 Carriage Way, the Laurelwood Condos, Unit 207. A cooking error activated a smoke detector.

• Automatic fire alarm at 227 Pinon Drive. The cause of the alarm was a possible system malfunction as the contractor on site said the alarm went off for no reason.

July 4:

• Medical call to 275 Carriage Way, Lot 1 for a person who had fallen from a bike and sustained lacerations to the face.

• Mutual aid given to Aspen Ambulance for a medical call at 730 W. Main Street, the Hickory House, for a motorcycle accident. The patient refused treatment and transportation to the hospital.

• Automatic fire alarm at 389 Pine Crest Drive. The cause of the alarm was a possible system malfunction. The occupants were left with their property manager, who was trying to reset the system.

• Fire call to 96 Harleston Green, Unit 42, for a report of smoke showing. Our investigation found a barbecue on the back deck. No other fire conditions were found.

• Medical call to 57 Elbert Lane for a person who had fainted. The patient refused treatment and transportation to the hospital after speaking with a doctor.

• Medical call to 40 Elbert Lane the Wildwood Lodge, Unit 204. The emergency room at Aspen Valley Hospital called and asked the department to do a welfare check on the previous call. The district facilitated a phone call between the emergency room doctor and the man while on scene. The emergency room doctor called back and stated that the patient was still refusing to be transported to the hospital.

July 6:

• Mutual aid to Aspen Ambulance for a medical call at 350 East Durant Avenue, Wagner Park, in Aspen. The response was canceled en route.

• Carbon monoxide alarm at 855 Carriage Way, the Top of the Village, in the boiler room of the Trails Building. No carbon monoxide was found. The cause of the alarm was a possible system malfunction.

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User