Fire calls, Feb. 24 through March 2 | AspenTimes.com

Fire calls, Feb. 24 through March 2

Staff report

The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from Feb. 24 through March 2.

Feb. 24:

Automatic fire alarm at 400 Wood Road, the Crestwood Condos. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.

Fire call to the intersection of Brush Creek and Divide roads for an oil spill. The oil was cleaned up with absorbent pads and litter.

Medical call to 239 Snowmass Club Circle for a person suffering from shortness of breath. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

Medical call to the Gallun Lane ski-patrol pickup location for a person suffering from a neck injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

Medical call to the Gallun Lane ski-patrol pickup location for a person suffering from a rib and shoulder injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

Feb. 25:

Carbon monoxide alarm at a residence on Ridge Road. The alarm was caused by the occupants pushing the test button on the carbon monoxide detector. No carbon monoxide was detected in the house.

Automatic fire alarm at 855 Carriage Way, the Top of the Village, Trails Trash Garage. The alarm was caused by a system malfunction. No smoke or fire was found.

Medical call to the Gallun Lane ski-patrol pickup location for a person who was suffering from a seizure. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

Medical standby requested on Maverick Circle. No transport was needed.

Feb. 26:

Automatic fire alarm at 400 Wood Road, the Crestwood Condos. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.

Medical call to the parking lot in front of 300 Brush Creek Lane for a possible suicide. No transportation was required.

Automatic fire alarm at 105 Daly Lane, the Venga Venga restaurant. The cause of the alarm was a system malfunction. No smoke or fire could be found.

Fire call to Faraway Road for an odor of gas. Upon arrival, no smell of gas could be found. The cause was possibly the overpressure of a gas main into a driveway heater.

Feb. 27:

Medical call to the Gallun Lane ski-patrol pickup location for a person suffering from a possible head injury with a positive loss of consciousness. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

Medical call to the Timbers Club ski-patrol pickup location for a person suffering from a positive loss of consciousness. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

Medical call to 855 Carriage Way, the Top of the Village gatehouse, for a person who had fainted after being in a hot tub. One person was evaluated, and they refused transportation to the hospital.

Automatic fire alarm on Burnt Mountain Drive. The cause of the alarm was a cooking error.

Feb. 28:

Medical call to the Timbers ski-patrol pickup location for a person suffering from a head injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

Medical call to the Gallun Lane ski-patrol pickup location for a person suffering from chest pain. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

Medical call to the Snowmass Clinic for a person suffering from shortness of breath. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

March 1:

Carbon monoxide alarm at a residence on Deer Ridge Lane. The alarm was caused by a system malfunction, as no carbon monoxide was detected.

Mutual aid requested by the Aspen Ambulance District for a medical call at City Market at 711 E. Cooper Ave. for a person who had fainted. One patient was evaluated and refused transportation to the hospital.

Automatic fire alarm at 35 Lower Woodbridge Road, the Seasons Four Condos. The cause of the alarm was a system malfunction. No smoke or fire could be found.

March 2:

Medical call to 130 Wood Road, the Viceroy Hotel, for a person suffering from chest pain. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

Medical call to 31 Burnt Mountain Circle, the Two Creeks base-area ski-patrol pickup location, for a person suffering from a possible fractured leg. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

Medical call to 105 Daly Lane, the Snowmass Clinic, for a person suffering from a pelvic injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

Medical call to 105 Daly Lane, the Snowmass Clinic, for a person who was suffering from shortness of breath. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital.

Automatic fire alarm on Edgewood Lane. The cause of the alarm was smoke from a closed fireplace flue.

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance to stand by at 401 Castle Creek Road while it was on a patient transfer to Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.