Fire calls | AspenTimes.com

Fire calls

Staff report

The Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from Sept. 15 to Sept. 21:

Sept. 15

Fire alarm at the Mountain Chalet. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction as no smoke or fire conditions existed.

Rescue call to the Enclave condominiums for a person trapped in the elevator. The alarm was activated by elevator maintenance. There was no one trapped.

Fire alarm at 52 Commons Circle the Commons employee-housing complex. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Spruce Ridge Lane. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction as no carbon monoxide was detected in the home.

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance to respond to East Cooper Avenue for an unresponsive person.

Fire alarm at 4000 Brush Creek Road the Blue Roofs. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction as no smoke or fire conditions existed.

Sept. 16

Fire call to the Snowmass Chapel for a balloon that was pinned to the building. The balloon was removed without incident.

Standby for balloon refueling at Two Creeks. No action taken.

Fire call to the intersection of Carriage Way and Wood Roads for a hazardous materials spill. One of the supply lines for the snowmelt system on Carriage Way Road had been cut and anti-freeze had been spilled.

Medical call to 130 Wood Road the Viceroy Hotel for a person who had fallen off their mountain biker and was suffering from a hip injury. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for treatment.

Medical call to a home on Brush Creek Lane for a possible domestic situation. No medical aid was needed.

Sept. 17

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance for a person suffering from a back injury. Response was canceled.

Medical call to Snowmass Club Circle for a person feeling lightheaded. One person was evaluated at the scene and refused treatment and transportation to the hospital.

Rescue call to the 65 Timbers Club Court for people stuck in an elevator. The occupants were released without incident.

Fire call to a home on Trail Rider Lane for a possible structure fire in the mechanical room. The boiler system had failed.

Sept. 18

Standby for balloon refueling at the Two Creeks Parking Lot. No action taken.

Fire alarm at 130 Wood Road the Viceroy Hotel 8K seating area. The alarm system was activated when maintenance personnel changed out a detector, put new batteries in a few others and couldn’t reset the alarm system.

Fire alarm at 35 Lower Woodbridge Road the Seasons Four condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a self-cleaning oven that created a smoke condition in the unit.

Sept. 19

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Fire for a wildland fire at 4000 Woody Creek Road. Crews helped put out hot spots and dig a hand line around the fire for containment.

Sept. 20

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Stirrup Circle. The alarm system was activated by a carpet cleaner running his gas-powered machine in the driveway and the exhaust filtering into the house. The home was ventilated.

Sept. 21

Medical call to 5275 Owl Creek Road, the fire station, for a person who walked in having trouble breathing. One person was evaluated and refused transportation to the hospital.

Gas alarm at a home on East Fork Road. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction as no gas was detected in the home.

There were no calls on the dates that are missing.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.