Fire calls | AspenTimes.com

Fire calls

Staff report

The Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from Sept. 1 to 5:

Sept. 1

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Edgewood Lane. No carbon monoxide was detected in the home. It was determined that the alarm had sounded because it needed a new battery. The battery was changed in the detector.

Fire alarm at 690 Carriage Way, the Timberline Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by steam from a shower.

Sept. 2

Fire alarm at a home on Edgewood Lane. The alarm system was activated by contractors testing the system.

Special-event standby at the Jazz Aspen Snowmass Labor Day Experience. No one was transported.

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home at 35 Upper Woodbridge Road, the Woodbridge condominiums. No carbon monoxide was detected in the home. It was determined that the alarm had sounded because it needed a new battery. The battery was changed in the detector.

Sept. 3

Elevator alarm at the Elk Camp Restaurant. Snowmass Mountain rangers responded. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction, as no one was trapped in the elevator.

Special-event standby at the Jazz Aspen Snowmass Labor Day Experience. No one was transported.

Sept. 4

Special-event standby at the Jazz Aspen Snowmass Labor Day Experience. One person was evaluated for feeling weak. They were transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for treatment.

Medical call to 100 Elbert Lane, the Westin Hotel, for a person suffering from diabetic problems. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for treatment.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.