Fire calls | AspenTimes.com

Fire calls

The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from July 21 to July 27.

July 21

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance for a medical call in Aspen at 355 S. Monarch St., the lobby of the Limelight Hotel. The response was canceled.

Carbon monoxide alarm at 360 Wood Road, the Enclave Condominiums, in the pool boiler room. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction, as no carbon monoxide was detected.

Fire alarm at 70 Commons Circle, the Commons employee-housing complex. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

July 22

Medical call at 67 Elbert Lane, Turks restaurant, for a person who was unconscious with an unknown breathing status. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for treatment.

Medical call to 130 Wood Road, the Viceroy Hotel, for a person who was worried about his blood pressure after testing it on the hotel’s machine. One person was evaluated and refused transportation to the hospital.

July 23

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance for a medical call in Aspen on Galena Street for a person suffering from back pain. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for treatment.

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance for a medical call in Aspen at the intersection of East Hopkins Avenue and South Garmisch Street. The response was canceled.

Fire alarm at 70 Commons Circle, the Commons employee-housing complex. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

July 24

Fire alarm at 35 Upper Woodbridge Road, the Woodbridge Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error but could not be reset and appeared to be malfunctioning. A key holder was called to scene and notified of the situation.

Carbon monoxide alarm at 130 Wood Road, the Viceroy Hotel. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction, as no carbon monoxide was detected.

Mutual aid requested by the Aspen Fire Department to respond to a fire alarm in a home on Whisper Wind Way. The response was canceled. The proper alarm code was given.

July 25

Medical call at a home on Steller Lane for a person who had been feeling dizzy and fainted. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for treatment.

Fire alarm at 70 Commons Circle, the Commons employee-housing complex. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

July 26

Fire alarm at 690 Carriage Way, the Timberline Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

Fire alarm at a home on Faraway Road. The homeowner was changing batteries in a detector, and the system was placed on test. A crew was dispatched in error.

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance for a medical call in Aspen at Rio Grande Place. The response was canceled.

July 27

Fire alarm at 265 Carriage Way, the Willows Condominiums, Building F. Someone had activated a pull station maliciously. There was no smoke or fire conditions.

Medical call to 65 Timbers Club Court at poolside for a person suffering from a seizure. One person was evaluated and refused transportation to the hospital. They were released to the care of their family.

Medical standby at the Snowmass Rodeo. No injuries occurred.

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance to stand by in its district for additional medical calls while it was up Independence Pass on standby for a hostage situation.

Fire alarm at 229 Faraway Road, the Ridge Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.