The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from July 14 to July 20.
Rescue call to 150 Carriage Way, the Lichenhearth Condominiums, for an elevator alarm. No one was in elevator upon arrival.
Medical call to 40 Carriage Way for a person suffering from an injury to their hip. One person was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital for treatment.
Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance. Response was canceled.
Medical call to 40 Carriage Way for a person who had fallen and injured their knee. One person was evaluated at the scene and refused transportation to the hospital.
Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance while it was at the Grottos on Independence Pass. Standby requested for additional medical calls in its district.
Mutual aid requested by Basalt Fire for an urban-interface wildland fire at the intersection of Willits Lane and Evans Road in Basalt. Crews assisted in extinguishing the fire.
Mutual aid requested by Basalt Fire for a possible structure fire at 20640 Highway 82, the Aspen Basalt Campground. No fire was found, and response was canceled.
Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance for a medical call at 420 E. Hyman Ave., Zocalito, in the bar for a person who had fainted. Response was canceled, as Aspen Ambulance cleared its previous call and was able to respond.
Odor investigation to Meadow Road for a report of smoke in the air outside. Crews found that there was a fire in a fire pit at a nearby home. The fire was extinguished.
Medical call to 1000 Divide Drive, the Ditch Trail, for a person who was not feeling well. One person was contacted by paramedics on ATVs. The patient decided that they just needed a ride out. No transportation to the hospital was needed.
Fire alarm at 150 Carriage Way, the Lichenhearth Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.
Rescue call to 115 Daly Lane, the Mountain Chalet, for an elevator rescue. Four people were released from the elevator without injuries. The elevator was taken out of service, and management was advised to contact the elevator company for service.
Medical call to 5275 Owl Creek Road, the fire station, for a person who came by to have their blood pressure checked.
Fire alarm at 400 Wood Road, the Crestwood Condos. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.
Fire alarm at a home on Oak Ridge Road. The alarm system was activated by an electrical storm passing through the area.
Medical alarm to a home on Gambel Way for an unknown problem. No patient was found.
Fire alarm at 70 Commons Circle, the Commons employee-housing complex. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.
Fire alarm at two adjoining condominiums on Burnt Mountain Circle. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction, as no smoke or fire conditions were found. The scene was turned over to a property-management company.
Fire alarm at 55 Upper Woodbridge Lane, the Woodbridge Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction, as no smoke or fire conditions were found.
Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Wood Road. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction, as no carbon monoxide was detected.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
It’s been just shy of a year since Snowmass Village Town Council reviewed and approved the final redevelopment plans for the Snowmass Center in late fall of 2020 and just shy of two years since the project was first brought before council for review in 2019. But the building still looks the same as it did last year and the year before. Why?