Fire calls | AspenTimes.com

Fire calls

Staff report

The Snowmass Wildcat Fire Protection District responded to the following calls from June 23 through June 29.

June 23

Medical call to 105 Daly Lane for a person suffering from intoxication. One person was transported to the hospital for treatment.

Fire alarm at 35 Lower Woodbridge Road, the Seasons Four Condominiums. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Stellar Lane. The alarm system was activated by hairspray.

Medical call to 105 Daly Lane for a person suffering from a head injury. One person was transported to the hospital for treatment.

June 25

Medical call to Pine Lane to rendezvous with bike patrol to pick up a person suffering from a shoulder injury. One person was transported to the hospital for treatment.

Fire alarm at 105 Daly Lane, the Timbermill building. The alarm system was activated by a cooking error.

Carbon monoxide alarm at 35 Lower Woodbridge, the Woodbridge Condominiums. The carbon monoxide detector had expired. It was replaced with a complimentary detector from the Fire District.

June 26

Fire call to Lot 11 at the request of the Snowmass Village Police Department for fluid leaking from a van. The hazard was mitigated and the scene turned over to the Police Department.

June 27

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance for a medical call at 39551 Highway 82, the Truscott Housing complex, for a person injured in an auto accident. Our response was canceled.

Mutual aid requested by Aspen Ambulance for a medical call at the 400 building of the Aspen Business Center, the Louis Swiss Bakery, for an auto accident. No patient contact.

Medical call to a home on Martingale Place for a person who had fallen off the roof and was not moving. One person was transported to the hospital for treatment.

Swift-water rescue at Smith Hill Way and Jaffee Park for downstream containment for a known rescue near Slaughterhouse Falls on the Roaring Fork River.

Medical call to 57 Elbert Lane, the Il Poggio restaurant, for a person who had fallen in the bathroom and was bleeding. One person was transported to the hospital for treatment.

Medical call to 300 Carriage Way, the Stonebridge Inn, for a person who had fallen and hit their head in the bathtub. One person was transported to the hospital for treatment.

June 28

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Ridge Road. The alarm system was activated when the occupant of the house pushed the test button on the alarm panel. No carbon monoxide was detected.

Fire/flow alarm at 700 Snowmass Club Circle units 80 to 85. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction as there was no smoke, fire or water flowing. The home was turned over to management on scene.

Fire alarm at 70 Commons Circle, the Commons employee-housing complex. The alarm system was activated by smoking in the apartment.

Fire call to the area of Woodbridge Condominiums for a report of smoke. Nothing was found upon our arrival.

June 29

Special-event standby for medical calls at the rodeo arena. There were no injuries.

Carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Divide Drive. The alarm system was activated by a possible malfunction as no carbon monoxide was detected in the home.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.