Listen to The Aspen Times on your smart speaker!
With just a couple of simple steps, you can be listening to the news each morning on your smart device. The Aspen Times news is available on all smart speaker devices, and Aspen-specific news from The Aspen Times is available on Amazon devices.
With just a couple of simple steps, you can be listening to the The Aspen Times news each morning on your smart speakers.
On Amazon Alexa:
- Search for the Aspen Times skills on your Amazon Alexa app, and click “Enable.” Enable the Aspen Times skills to listen to the news as part of your Flash Briefing and on-demand.
- Once the Flash Briefing is enabled, Ask Alexa: “Alexa, what’s in the news?” or “Alexa, what’s my Flash Briefing?” to hear the latest news stories.
- To listen to news on-demand from the Aspen Times, ask your Alexa, “Alexa, what’s the latest from the Aspen Times?”
Listening to multiple Flash Briefings? Hear news from The Aspen Times first each day by selecting Flash Briefing in the Settings on your Amazon Alexa app. Select “Edit Order” and move The Aspen Times to the top of your list.
On Google Home:
- Conversational Action:
- Ask your Google Home, “Ok Google, talk to The Aspen Times”
- Narrative News:
- Ask your Google Home, “Ok Google, what’s the latest from The Aspen Times?”, “Ok Google, play The Aspen Times” or “Ok Google, open The Aspen Times”
Or, to listen to the latest news from your default news providers, say “Say “Ok Google” or “Hey Google,” then… “Catch me up,” “Listen to the news,” “Tell me the news.” To add The Aspen Times as a default news provider in Google Home:
- Open the Google Home app
- Tap More settings News.
- To add a news source, tap Add news sources and tap the check mark next to the sources you want to add.
To change the order of the list,
- Tap Change order and hold the hashmark next to the news source. Drag the news source up or down.
Questions or issues? Contact The Aspen Times Engagement Editor Rose Laudicina at firstname.lastname@example.org