Women’s downhill training canceled; super-G move to Saturday
December 14, 2017
VAL D'ISERE, France — A Women's World Cup downhill training run in the French Alpine resort of Val d'Isere was canceled due to strong winds on Thursday.
Organizers say the downhill has been provisionally switched from Saturday to Sunday.
The super-G scheduled for Sunday has been moved to Saturday.
Another downhill training run was scheduled for Friday on the Oreiller-Killy course.
Trending In: PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics
- ‘It’s always been a dream’: Duo who built Copper halfpipe to build Olympic pipe too
- After helping South Korea secure Olympics, Toby Dawson eyes medal as coach
- Dew Tour Day 2: Brothers Ferguson go 1,3 in snowboard superpipe, Shaun White out
- Steamboat’s Olympic snowboard success years in the making
- Mikaela Shiffrin set to make Olympic golds dream a reality
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west