Winter weather advisory through 6 a.m. Wednesday
December 5, 2016
The National Weather Service issued a winter weather advisory through 6 a.m. Wednesday for Aspen and Snowmass.
Snow forecasted to develop late Monday and continue until just after midnight should taper off before picking up again late Tuesday morning through Tuesday night.
The National Weather Service predicted anywhere from 4 to 8 inches of accumulation, with locally higher amounts along west-facing slopes.
Winds will be out of the west at about 20 to 30 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 50 miles per hour.
Due to the high winds, blowing snow is expected to continue even during periods when precipitation tapers off.
Snow is expected to continue off and on throughout the remainder of the week and into the weekend, according to the National Weather Service.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case