Veterans Day ceremonies this Saturday in Aspen
November 8, 2017
All Pitkin County government offices will be closed Friday in observance of Veterans Day.
Veterans Day ceremonies will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Aspen Fire Station, 420 E. Hopkins Ave. Those who served in World War I will be remembered. Veterans are encouraged to wear items of military memorabilia. The public is invited to attend.
Grassroots Community TV, Channel 12 will run interviews of local veterans participating in the Library of Congress Veterans History Project throughout the day. Due to construction, the annual Veterans Luncheon sponsored by Aspen Elks Lodge # 224 has been cancelled.
For more information, contact Dan Glidden at 970-927-4183 or Dick Merritt at 970-927-5178.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Colorado has list of banned license plates, and some are head scratchers
- City Market: Carbondale store on track
- Colorado’s newest lake will open this weekend for your fishing, swimming and boating pleasure
- Garfield County inmate commits suicide
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- Aspen housing authority sues woman to sell her Snowmass house
- Some midvalley residents would rather switch than fight with Eagle County
- Aspen’s Maroon Bells bus service ready for another green breakthrough
- Copper pond-skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- What’s the Big Deal: Another Red Mountain home hauls in eight-figure sum