Aspen under winter storm warning Thursday, 5 to 10 inches of snow expected
November 16, 2016
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction issued a winter storm warning for Aspen and Snowmass in effect from 5 a.m. to midnight Thursday.
Snow is expected to begin falling Thursday morning, increasing during the afternoon. About 5 to 10 inches of snow is expected, with locally higher amounts in high terrain, according to the National Weather Service.
Winds are expected to be 10 to 20 miles per hour, with gusts up to 35 miles per hour. Roads over mountain passes will become icy and snowpacked due to a rapid drop in temperatures Thursday evening. Independence Pass is scheduled to close at noon Thursday in advance of the winter weather conditions.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified