Vote Zimet for Aspen Board of Education
October 23, 2017
As an educator of 40-plus years, nearly 30 of those in the Aspen School District, I support Suzy Zimet as an excellent candidate for the Aspen School District Board of Education.
Suzy and I have served as members of the District Accountability Committee for the past few years and as a committee, we have dug deep into evidence of student achievement while researching and analyzing how the Aspen School District allocates its resources to support student learning. What the DAC has discovered is that while district spending has increased significantly, student achievement has decreased.
It is complicated on the one hand, but also quite simple — aligning district resource allocation (time, money and people) to align to a singular purpose, that is, ensuring all kids have an excellent education and gain at least one year's growth in one year's time. Suzy is wholeheartedly committed to that mission.
She understands that when you get to the core of quality education it's about quality teaching, highly effective teachers. After safety, the number job of the all boards and all administrators is to ensure that all teachers receive the support, (and this is more than just compensation), to be the best they can be. That is Suzy's focus and her priority, supporting the ASD staff to ensure teaching excellence.
Vote for Suzy Zimet for the Aspen School District Board of Education. Our kids deserve it.
Trending In: Opinion
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Bear kills Aspen dog in ‘defense’
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone