Meredith Carroll: Passing offseason time with a puzzle
Those not from Aspen are often puzzled about what year-round residents do here during the shoulder season. Of course that’s not really a puzzle: We relish the peace, quiet and delightful weather — sometimes with a crossword and cup of coffee (or something stronger). Happy offseason!
1. Hyman Ave. ____
2. You came for winter but stayed for ____
5. ____ Pharmacy
7. First name in Pitco law enforcement
10. Aspen tap?
13. Aspen’s nature org.
14. Uninvited house guest?
15. Diamond of the Frying Pan?
16. Two words that drive an Aspen debate in circles?
17. Ultimate ____
18. Make America ____ Again (sign for VP Pence)
21. Summer camp for smarty pants?
25. Aspen’s Hilton?
26. The poop drops here?
28. A local’s favorite offseason retreat
29. The spirit of Aspen crud
33. Bike-happy group
35. Closest place for an affordable meal
36. Aspen’s real estate?
38. Aspen’s anti-aging strategy?
39. Woody ____
40. Coveted Aspen initials
41. Six-inch ____
42. Aspen blonde?
44. First name in Aspen politics
45. Aspen’s second-favorite powder?
46. Aspen’s favorite Dickens’ character
1. Loose at the Bells?
3. Two words synonymous with laughter 4 Christmas morning, to Aspen adults
5. Aspen’s must-have accessory?
6. Part-time ____
8. It wasn’t filmed in Aspen
9. Housewife Hill
11. An Aspen nickname and Oscar-nominated film 12 Many an Aspen ski bum
19. The cougar den?
20. ____, it’s Aspen
22. Roaring ____ River
23. One way into Aspen?
24. Sheriff candidate of ‘69
27. Walter ____
28. Flat short cut?
30. What Vail has in its backyard that Aspen doesn’t
31. Aspen’s least-favorite holiday?
32. Star above Independence Pass? 34 Last name in skiing
37. Aspen’s most populous profession 40 No. of powder-day friends?
43. ____ Mountain
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Holiday Baskets Program has been supplying new gifts, toys and food to people in need in our valley for 40 years. This program, run entirely by volunteers, is a wonderful community effort with numerous…