Littwin: It’s time for Democrats to act like the opposition party
November 26, 2016
I hate to be a downer, but even when Donald Trump does the right thing, he does the wrong thing.
We must get used to this. This is not just TrumpWorld anymore. It's our world. And it will be ours for at least another four years.
And so a Trump adviser goes on Morning Joe — my God, we now get our news from Joe Scarborough — to say that Trump will ignore yet another campaign promise. In this one, Trump breaks the hearts of the "lock her up" crowd by saying he won't pursue a criminal investigation of apparently-no-longer-quite-so-crooked Hillary Clinton. It's funny and it's not funny when Kellyanne Conway says Trump wants to give Clinton a chance to heal (as opposed to, say, Mitt Romney, whom Trump has fully brought to heel, but that's another story).
In America when it's great, presidents don't decide which people to prosecute, but it's no surprise that this little nuance escapes Trump, who had pledged in a debate to instruct his attorney general to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton — in other words, threatening, in banana republic style, to lock up his opponent.
For the full column visit ColoradoIndependent.com.
Trending In: Opinion
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow