July 12, 2018
I hear oil and gas is out with a television ad saying the circulators of the petition calling for increased setbacks for drilling and fracking are paid out-of-staters. I haven't seen it (I don't watch much TV), but that sounds like the propaganda oil and gas routinely puts out.
As a volunteer circulator for the petition's sponsors, Colorado Rising and 350 Colorado, I haven't encountered anyone who is paid a dime or isn't from Colorado. I'll bet the PR person who dreamed up that commercial is paid a pretty penny.
Fred Malo Jr.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman