July 12, 2018
I hear oil and gas is out with a television ad saying the circulators of the petition calling for increased setbacks for drilling and fracking are paid out-of-staters. I haven't seen it (I don't watch much TV), but that sounds like the propaganda oil and gas routinely puts out.
As a volunteer circulator for the petition's sponsors, Colorado Rising and 350 Colorado, I haven't encountered anyone who is paid a dime or isn't from Colorado. I'll bet the PR person who dreamed up that commercial is paid a pretty penny.
Fred Malo Jr.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain