Turning the tables on North Korea
August 18, 2017
A 98-year-old, 10th Mountain "Hail Vail" vet, John Tripp, rode his three-wheel bike off the hill up Prince Creek, 3 miles into town, and stopped by.
He is invested in the future of the country and wanted to discuss a thought with us. He wanted to know, what if America said to Kim Jong Un that the U.S. has their back, same as South Korea.
What if we offered them food and protection or at least admitted nuclear parity with our country?
We have called them evil, as Goearge W. Bush/Dick Cheney described them, shortly after Sept. 11. Imagine how that would change the conversation.
To admit that one nuke is exactly the same as 100 nukes.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- What’s the Big Deal: $6.8 million for luxury cabin outside of Aspen
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- Monday Business Briefs: Little Nell and Steakhouse No. 316 get props; Aspen estate bound for auction