Turning the tables on North Korea
August 18, 2017
A 98-year-old, 10th Mountain "Hail Vail" vet, John Tripp, rode his three-wheel bike off the hill up Prince Creek, 3 miles into town, and stopped by.
He is invested in the future of the country and wanted to discuss a thought with us. He wanted to know, what if America said to Kim Jong Un that the U.S. has their back, same as South Korea.
What if we offered them food and protection or at least admitted nuclear parity with our country?
We have called them evil, as Goearge W. Bush/Dick Cheney described them, shortly after Sept. 11. Imagine how that would change the conversation.
To admit that one nuke is exactly the same as 100 nukes.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman