Trump’s rise is on us
August 17, 2017
I must disagree with the letter from Ruth Harrison of Aug. 14 ("America's highest ranking bigot," The Aspen Times).
Donald Trump is not a bigot, he is a racist, plain and simple. I personally find him a vile, repulsive individual and he has now placed a permanent stain on the office of the president of the United States and on our democracy at large. The president has joined hands with the Klu Klux Klan, the neo-Nazis and the white supremacists. We should all hang our heads in shame that we have allowed this to happen.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility