July 25, 2018
Our president needs a class in accounting. First he starts a trade war that most economist feel is unnecessary. When it starts to hurt the agricultural community, what does the genius do? He comes up with the idea to have all the American taxpayers pay for it with a multi-billion dollar subsidy to the agricultural community. He doesn't seem to understand that that he is hurting more people then he is helping.
Nothing changed. All of the American taxpayers are still being screwed by an imbalance of trade and an increase to the federal deficit.
John P. Ostwald
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone