‘Three Billboards’ is thrice good
February 15, 2018
I just saw "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" for the third time. I may see it again. I think it's that good.
I'm not going to say it's my all-time favorite. Filmmaking is not a sport. It's an art. There doesn't have to be a winner. Let's just say it's one of the best films I've ever seen.
The negative reaction to the film is because it exposes several inconvenient truths. These also happen to be the reasons I love it. They are:
• Police officers are often racist.
• Even racists can have redeeming qualities. Nobody is all black or all white.
• Grief can often be the result of guilt.
Recommended Stories For You
• Death with dignity is not the cowards way out.
Three times is not close to my record. I saw "Chicago" 12 times in a theater in Grand Junction.
Fred Malo Jr.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west