Thoughts on the eclipse
August 24, 2017
More boring than Y2K. Able to make you stop watching paint dry.
Look up in the sky. It's the sun. It's the moon. Nope, it's a solar eclipse.
Rare occurrence that happens all the time. It came to earth with strange powers never before witnessed by those young enough to believe the hype, who, disguised as a rare phenomenon, fights a never-ending battle between science, truth and the American gullible.
Dwight F. Ferren
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Willoughby: Aspen’s long, snowy slopes open the path to a new industry