The value of Colorado Mountain College
November 4, 2017
I was reminded over the past few weeks how important it is to vote "yes" on 4B for Colorado Mountain College. Recently, I heard two students tell their stories of getting a higher education at CMC. They talked about their struggles, dreams and successes of reaching their goals and receiving a degree from CMC. They shared the many loving sacrifices made by family members working two to three jobs, watching their children and helping pay their tuition. These students selected CMC based on excellence of programs, staying close to home, great faculty, class size and most importantly, cost.
Over the years, the college has worked diligently to keep the cost affordable to our students. It is critical that we continue to do this.
If you are unfamiliar with the details of 4B and the Gallagher Amendment, I ask that you read over the materials on the website http://www.yeson4b.org and vote "yes" on 4B.
What are these students doing now? One is a nurse working in our community and the other is an educator helping students realize their dreams can happen, too! Success stories!
Remember, Colorado Mountain College is your community college! Vote to keep cost affordable! Vote "yes" on 4B!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million