The dirty air that we breathe
October 16, 2017
I just read that Paris has decided to ban diesels by 2025 and ICE cars by 2029 — good news to the air breathers among us.
Aspen's air quality is appallingly bad especially along the busiest streets. Winter is the worst when the cold air inversion combines with morning rush, and results in a toxic stew of car and diesel fumes and PM10 particles.
Is an early death the price of living along one of our busy thoroughfares? Just try to walk from Carl's to the Aspen Golf Course during the holidays this coming winter, and you can see the air before you breathe it. What is city government's plan to address this urgent health issue?
I cope by limiting my exposure, hopefully our seasonal visitors will not do the same.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow