Starwood construction project needs to wrap up
May 22, 2018
As a full time resident in Starwood raising two kids who go to the public school, I fully support my HOA's decision to fight back against Thomas Duckworth, a person who appears to represent all that is wrong in society.
We bought land next to his monstrosity in 2010 when it was already built and the stone exterior was being placed. We then built our house in 18 months and moved in. For the past four years since moving in we live with constant truck noise and traffic from this never ending Xanadu of a project.
The owner clearly has too much money and is intent on building and tearing down his creation in a never-ending cycle of diesel pollution and noise.
While this has been a windfall to his Keely, his contractor, and full employment for his workers, it's a disgrace of overconsumption.
He must pay his fines and finish or suffer the consequences, which will include an injunction on any further work.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Councilman asked to stop but continues to email plaintiffs suing city over office building
- Business Monday: Not quite a free fall, but United fares between Aspen and Denver dropping
- Aspen man’s mental health again a concern for Pitkin County judge
- Hiker airlifted off Maroon Peak after falling 100 feet into gully
- U.S. Forest Service opposing Fryingpan, Arkansas rivers conditional rights in wilderness area