Squeezed out by the rich
October 20, 2017
The contemplated so-called "tax reform" is a windfall for the rich and Trump. Lowering the top bracket to 4.9 percent for people that make millions is an insult to the middle-class and poor.
There's little for the middle class-and nothing for the poor. The lowering of corporate tax from 35 percent to 20 percent will not expand businesses. It will increase corporate officers' pay and bonuses.
Richard C. Goodwin
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- Issue committee formed to fight redevelopment of base of Aspen Mountain
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’