Squeezed out by the rich
October 20, 2017
The contemplated so-called "tax reform" is a windfall for the rich and Trump. Lowering the top bracket to 4.9 percent for people that make millions is an insult to the middle-class and poor.
There's little for the middle class-and nothing for the poor. The lowering of corporate tax from 35 percent to 20 percent will not expand businesses. It will increase corporate officers' pay and bonuses.
Richard C. Goodwin
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- What’s the Big Deal: Snowmass condo sale nears $3.8 million