Squeezed out by the rich
October 20, 2017
The contemplated so-called "tax reform" is a windfall for the rich and Trump. Lowering the top bracket to 4.9 percent for people that make millions is an insult to the middle-class and poor.
There's little for the middle class-and nothing for the poor. The lowering of corporate tax from 35 percent to 20 percent will not expand businesses. It will increase corporate officers' pay and bonuses.
Richard C. Goodwin
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American