Something’s rotten at Aspen School District
November 1, 2017
On what planet would you have the physical education teacher at Aspen Middle School assigned to teach industrial arts (power tools included in the curriculum?). What could possibly go wrong there?
How demeaning to the P.E. professional and the person(s) doing that and to the industrial arts field and teachers.
If you think that is going to free up a teacher to produce higher academic scores, you're wrong. I heard the industrial arts teacher was fired last year, and my guess is the P.E. teacher will be fired or eventually leave.
Out with the present administration and in with new board members. Jonathan Nickell and Susan Zimet are the only way to go if you care about positive teacher morale and academic excellence for your children.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Business Monday: Tomcich has no reservations about career change