School district decisison baffling
February 22, 2018
Meredith Carroll's column, "Aspen School District's Olympic-size gaffe" (Feb. 21, The Aspen Times), was brilliant. Going one step further, John Maloy's contract was conveniently reviewed before the new school board was voted in. Also, the physical education and industrial arts programs have been destroyed. These subjects are essential to a child's well-rounded education, as are all the electives, especialy in this day and age.
Parents, you need to pay attention to what's really going on as many of the decisions are not in the best interest of your children's education.
Retired Aspen School District teacher, Aspen
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Former Aspen ski patroller tells first responders how trauma-filled career led to rock bottom
- Aspen airport announces expanded service this spring
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Stop Sucking: A grassroots movement to eliminate plastic starts at the bar
- New signs to be installed at Woody Creek intersection at Highway 82