School district decisison baffling
February 22, 2018
Meredith Carroll's column, "Aspen School District's Olympic-size gaffe" (Feb. 21, The Aspen Times), was brilliant. Going one step further, John Maloy's contract was conveniently reviewed before the new school board was voted in. Also, the physical education and industrial arts programs have been destroyed. These subjects are essential to a child's well-rounded education, as are all the electives, especialy in this day and age.
Parents, you need to pay attention to what's really going on as many of the decisions are not in the best interest of your children's education.
Retired Aspen School District teacher, Aspen
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Glenn K. Beaton: We will not worship the Colorado Civil Rights Commission
- Aspen Skiing Co. opens $10 million Lost Forest adventure center at Snowmass
- Fire near Glenwood moving to mop-up operations
- Mountain bike association pays the price to clear trails from Aspen to New Castle
- Fire forcing evacuations in part of Oak Meadows outside Glenwood Springs