Save river parcel from private profit
August 13, 2018
Taking some visitors for a mini-tour of Basalt the other day, I was mystified why Basalt would even consider giving away half the river parcel for private profit. Well, $3 million is a giveaway when you look at other valley prices!
I can see an amphitheater, a pavilion for weddings and other events, picnic shelters, etc., there.
Right now, event planners are creating special experiences for corporate incentive trips and private clients up and down the valley. They don't hesitate to drop big bucks. What would they pay for a venue right on the river? Not only would a wedding, for example, create a cash infusion directly, but Basalt hotels, outfitters and restaurants would benefit, too.
Don't give it away!
Roaring Fork Valley
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche