Save river parcel from private profit
August 13, 2018
Taking some visitors for a mini-tour of Basalt the other day, I was mystified why Basalt would even consider giving away half the river parcel for private profit. Well, $3 million is a giveaway when you look at other valley prices!
I can see an amphitheater, a pavilion for weddings and other events, picnic shelters, etc., there.
Right now, event planners are creating special experiences for corporate incentive trips and private clients up and down the valley. They don't hesitate to drop big bucks. What would they pay for a venue right on the river? Not only would a wedding, for example, create a cash infusion directly, but Basalt hotels, outfitters and restaurants would benefit, too.
Don't give it away!
Roaring Fork Valley
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire