Raising parking rates in town impacts airport parking
June 27, 2018
We flew out of Aspen airport about a month ago and found the airport parking lot to be full. We were told that because the town had raised rates, that many employees were parking in the short term parking lot at the airport and taking the bus into town.
The result is that now there is no short-term parking at the Airport! I would hope that City Council would focus on how to handle the parking for the town and not have that impact the airport. Just raising rates will only increase the problem at the airport.
Aspen has a bigger problem than just the town to consider.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman