Prop 112 is homegrown
October 5, 2018
Perhaps the most absurd claim made by Protect Colorado, the political action committee for the oil and gas industry, in their deluge of ads opposing Proposition 112 is that it was initiated by out-of-state provocateurs.
It's true, Colorado Rising, sponsor of the ballot issue, hired a petition signing firm from Oregon to get the initiative on the ballot, but the idea for the safer setback proposition originated right here in sweet, home Colorado.
Fred Malo Jr.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. to take over family-run Gwyn’s High Alpine at Snowmass in 2020
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first
- Charges dismissed against driver in Basalt pedestrian death on Highway 82
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Judge sides with Aspen-Pitkin County Housing Authority in eviction case