Pan and Fork Park has promise
August 14, 2018
Taking some visitors for a mini-tour of Basalt the other day, I was mystified why Basalt would even consider giving away half the river parcel for private profit. Well, $3 million is a giveaway when you look at other valley prices.
I can see an amphitheater, a pavilion for weddings and other events, picnic shelters, etc., there.
Right now, event planners are creating special experiences for corporate incentive trips and private clients up and down the valley. They don't hesitate to drop big bucks. What would they pay for a venue right on the river? Not only would a wedding, for example, create a cash infusion directly, but Basalt hotels, outfitters and restaurants would benefit, too.
Don't give it away!
Roaring Fork Valley resident since 1974
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Aspen on the Hill: Zombie people of the Rio Grande Trail
- Pitkin County to prompt valley-wide recycling changes, looking to end drop-off sites