NRA critic misfires
November 9, 2017
John Hoffman's letter in Wednesday's Aspen Times on the NRA portrays the mind-set of a child ("Blame it on the NRA"). To say that members of the NRA are murderers just because a mentally confused man, who was in a mental health center in New Mexico in 2012 and escaped briefly, was named as a suspect in a sexual assault in 2013, and got in trouble for bringing guns into a military base and threatening his superiors is really stupid.
Your comparison of NRA members to murderers shows that your tiny brain functions just like the British who tried to impose their ideals on American settlers in the 1600s and 1700s.
Get a grip, John. This isn't Nazi Germany. I bet cellphone texters kill many more people every year than guns do.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- What’s the Big Deal: Snowmass condo sale nears $3.8 million