NRA critic misfires
November 9, 2017
John Hoffman's letter in Wednesday's Aspen Times on the NRA portrays the mind-set of a child ("Blame it on the NRA"). To say that members of the NRA are murderers just because a mentally confused man, who was in a mental health center in New Mexico in 2012 and escaped briefly, was named as a suspect in a sexual assault in 2013, and got in trouble for bringing guns into a military base and threatening his superiors is really stupid.
Your comparison of NRA members to murderers shows that your tiny brain functions just like the British who tried to impose their ideals on American settlers in the 1600s and 1700s.
Get a grip, John. This isn't Nazi Germany. I bet cellphone texters kill many more people every year than guns do.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday