Nothing tiny about this Garfield County proposal
December 3, 2017
Imagine 300 tiny houses in the field kitty corner from Catherine Store (Highway 82 and County Road 100). The owner of that property (Oscar Cerise) has requested a zoning change from "rural," which allows six houses, to "high density," which would allow 124 houses. He also proposes to then change the definition of "high density" (in the master plan of Garfield County) to allow 300 houses.
If that precedent is set, now imagine that many tiny houses in many other fields in that area. The Garfield P&Z commission is meeting at 6 p.m. Dec. 13 in the usual GarCo commissioner meeting room in Glenwood Springs.
Email comments may be sent to P&Z's David Pesnichak at firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyone, please take a moment to make your voice heard.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area