Not the same values
July 22, 2018
It doesn't surprise me that members of Our Valley Our Voice want to proceed with annexation of the Eagle County lands without consulting anyone in Eagle County itself. That's because, contrary to the propaganda spewing from these folks, we don't share the same values as Basalt/Pitkin County's voters.
For example, we Eagle County residents have no desire to excersize eminent domain rules upon some residents in the name of flood safety, and then turn around and propose to build more housing on that same site, while spending a ton of taxpayer money. That would be hypocritical. We have no desire to try to expel the children of that unfortunate group from the school system halfway through the year, as Basalt tried to do.
Most importantly, we really have no desire to become enmired in the tax system of Basalt/Pitkin County, who seem to love random spending more than telling the neighbors what to do. Annexation? No way. We really don't have the same values, at all.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents