NIMBYism rears its head, again
December 3, 2017
I just read your page 3 article on Dec. 1 about a proposed housing development near the Catherine Store ("New housing development near Catherine Store possible"). It's not clear from the article who this development might serve. But the reaction from the neighborhood has been swift.
As is the Aspen paradigm, the immediate reaction is, "Great, but not in my neighborhood." You would like to see affordable housing for the workers who serve you, housing for the families who have great jobs in the community, but rents are going to force them to leave. Is this OK with all of you? It seems so.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents