NIMBYism rears its head, again
December 3, 2017
I just read your page 3 article on Dec. 1 about a proposed housing development near the Catherine Store ("New housing development near Catherine Store possible"). It's not clear from the article who this development might serve. But the reaction from the neighborhood has been swift.
As is the Aspen paradigm, the immediate reaction is, "Great, but not in my neighborhood." You would like to see affordable housing for the workers who serve you, housing for the families who have great jobs in the community, but rents are going to force them to leave. Is this OK with all of you? It seems so.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility