Midvalley at mercy of Eagle County mindset
November 30, 2017
Paul Andersen's column ("Midvalley is condemned to gridlock," Nov. 27, The Aspen Times) is unfortunately very true. The problem is that the midvalley is in Eagle County and the Eagle County government has a mindset of growth that they bring from the Eagle Valley to the Roaring Fork Valley.
The Community Development director doesn't like to have his mindset challenged as apparently Raul Gawrys did. So the director didn't reappoint Gawrys to the Roaring Fork Regional Planning Commission. Traffic is bumper-to-bumper and stop light-to-stop light during rush hour now.
It's going to get worse.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall