Midvalley at mercy of Eagle County mindset
November 30, 2017
Paul Andersen's column ("Midvalley is condemned to gridlock," Nov. 27, The Aspen Times) is unfortunately very true. The problem is that the midvalley is in Eagle County and the Eagle County government has a mindset of growth that they bring from the Eagle Valley to the Roaring Fork Valley.
The Community Development director doesn't like to have his mindset challenged as apparently Raul Gawrys did. So the director didn't reappoint Gawrys to the Roaring Fork Regional Planning Commission. Traffic is bumper-to-bumper and stop light-to-stop light during rush hour now.
It's going to get worse.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson