Mick the fit for county assessor
October 16, 2018
I've known Mick Ireland for 20 years. Over that time, I have come to understand that he really cares about Aspen and the Roaring Fork Valley. He has been a consistent supporter of affordable housing, our schools, the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority, mental-health care, responsible government and the environment for four decades.
I think that Aspen has kept most of its beauty and small-town charm in large part because of Mick's service to the community as an elected official.
No one is better qualified to be Pitkin County assessor than Mick. He is a certified tax lawyer who has performed hundreds of hearings for the Assessor's Office. He knows all the rules and procedures and will be a very fair manager. He understands software and computer systems and will give the Assessor's Office the modernization it needs.
I respect and admire what Mick did when he was mayor and county commissioner. Let's keep Mick working for us!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos