Make developers pay for dump
August 22, 2017
I believe it is time to start charging these hotel-scrappers $1 million to offset the relocation of the landfill due to their throwing every last piece of scrap away in the dump.
A full scrap of a house in the county ought to be charged at least $250,000. A house with only one wall left ought to be $200,000. This would stop the epidemic of scrapping every building just because you don't want it. It ends up costing the taxpayers of Pitkin County millions just so some developer can haul his new purchase to the dump.
It is time for a change.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- What’s the Big Deal: $6.8 million for luxury cabin outside of Aspen
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- Monday Business Briefs: Little Nell and Steakhouse No. 316 get props; Aspen estate bound for auction