Make developers pay for dump
August 22, 2017
I believe it is time to start charging these hotel-scrappers $1 million to offset the relocation of the landfill due to their throwing every last piece of scrap away in the dump.
A full scrap of a house in the county ought to be charged at least $250,000. A house with only one wall left ought to be $200,000. This would stop the epidemic of scrapping every building just because you don't want it. It ends up costing the taxpayers of Pitkin County millions just so some developer can haul his new purchase to the dump.
It is time for a change.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman