Letter: Your vote is important
September 29, 2015
There are a few facts every voter should know concerning the upcoming Nov. 3 Aspen election:
The vote on Base2 is a vote on an oversized, massive hotel with no hotel parking and no guarantee on room rates. If the Base2 proponents win, Mark Hunt can build his hotel with no parking. The underground parking is expensive — why build it if you don't have to?
All mail-in ballots are mailed to the voters Oct. 12.
If you will be out of town, you can pick up your ballot and vote on the spot at the City Clerk's Office from Oct. 6 through 12.
Early voting is at the Chabad Jewish Community Center (435 W. Main St.) one week prior to scheduled voting day.
A number of ballots mailed out to voters are returned with incorrect addresses and cannot be forwarded by law. If you have an incorrect address, your vote will not count.
Recommended Stories For You
You can sign up for Ballot Trax, an effort by Pitkin County to let voters receive notification (via email, text or voicemail) when your ballot is mailed to you and when it is received by the Elections Department. Sign up at http://www.pitkinvotes.com.
Your vote is important. Vote "no" on 2A.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance