Letter: You call that courage?
November 22, 2016
Consider the recent action by the star of "Hamilton," Brandon Victor Dixon (he must be important because he uses all three names). He stood on the stage where he had just performed the most popular show on Broadway to thunderous applause; people had paid over $1,000 a ticket to see him; he was surrounded by his friendly and supportive cast members; he was physically elevated above the object of his lecture, the vice president-elect who already had been booed by the audience; he was spotlighted and bedecked in a glorified costume; he controlled the only microphone in the house; he knew the vice president-elect wouldn't respond.
This actor's courage under these intense circumstances was nothing short of breathtaking.
One wonders how he would do at 10 paces on a cliffside in New Jersey.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility