Letter: Wrong is wrong
November 19, 2016
I commend President Barack Obama for his grace in the face of horror. Perhaps that is why he has such a beautiful family! I am certain that the way we treat others is a direct reflection about how we feel about ourselves. Wrong is wrong! Hate never helps. The internment camps of World War II were a result of fear. The end result was not what I believe we want to be as a country.
Express yourself as you see fit. I used to march against the war in Vietnam (I never liked killing people in the name of an illusion for the financial benefit of those who fueled the war — I did not see them over there). The protest is credited for helping end that war. We are fortunate that we can speak out in this country. I just hope the Earth survives what may come (personally, I do not think the political scenario will turn out as bad as it appears now).
Do not forget that millions of people, often children, starve to death in a world of abundance — how would you feel if one of those without food was one you cared for?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director