Letter: Wild weather is no coincidence
September 20, 2013
Wild weather is no coincidence
Just as one can't prove that these Colorado floods of 2013 have been caused by global warming, you can't prove that they weren't.
A far more reasonable viewpoint would be that they simply have been made worse by man-made global warming — just as Sandy's and Katrina's devastation were made worse by global warming. And the cost goes on and on and on because the generation in power mostly believes that this world is ours to burn.
One of the crazy things going on now is that the counties in Florida are fighting over sand, so they can replenish their diminishing beaches. Seems there isn't enough sand to go around. They are even considering using ground-up recycled glass bottles!
While a good economy is a great foundation for sustainability, sustainability is even a greater foundation for our economy. To hell with the gas and coal lobbies.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- ‘Vasectomy zoning’ argument fails to sour Basalt council on project
- Issue committee formed to fight redevelopment of base of Aspen Mountain